Welcome to catchtarpon.com, and Action Fishing Adventures!
Capt. Mike targets giant tarpon From March to November and smaller juvenile tarpon the rest of the year. We fish world famous Boca Grande, Charlotte Harbor, and Pine Island Sound in pursuit of giant tarpon.
Capt. Mike has been a tarpon fishing guide for over 25 years with a passion for chasing tarpon in Boca Grande. We strive to give our clients the ultimate tarpon fishing experience on every trip. When it comes to tarpon fishing not only do you need a good guide, but you need good equipment and a boat made for tarpon fishing in Boca Grande.
Here at Action Fishing adventures we provide the best fishing tackle money can buy. We fish from a 24 foot Avenger with a tarpon tower, two trolling motors, and Raymarine Electronics. This boat is not just any boat its made just for chasing tarpon in and round Boca Grande. It’s the boat almost all fishing guides on the West coast of Florida wants. It’s save, dry riding, and comfortable.
Capt. Mike Manning is a full time guide and a Florida native who specializes in tarpon fishing. Capt. Mike has turned his life long passion of chasing tarpon into a career to helping others remove the TARPON from their bucket list.
Call 727-243-8918 now to book your next Fishing Charter with Action Fishing Adventures in Boca Grande, Clearwater, or Tampa Bay!
Why you should choose Boca Grande for your tarpon fishing charter?
Boca Grande is the tarpon capital of the world, because its the largest spawning spot for tarpon in the world. Boca Grande Pass is the deepest natural pass on the west coast of Florida. The tarpon come to Boca Grande for the deep water, strong tides, and abundance of crabs and bait fish. These massive schools of tarpon start showing up in Mid March looking for food and waiting to be part of the spawn. When I say massive schools of tarpon mean 20 to 30 thousand tarpon at a time. There are generally several schools with thousand’s of tarpon in each school, and hundreds of other schools ranging from a few fish to hundreds of fish. So this is why you should choose Boca Grande as your tarpon fishing Destination, more fish and more chances to catch them.
Choosing the right guide is the hard part.
There are hundreds of tarpon guides, but very few good tarpon guides. There are about 15 really good guides in Boca Grande and it’s very important to be with the right guide. This is going to be the biggest and hardest choice you will have to make, but the most important one. I can not tell you how to choose a guide or even who to choose, but I will say this make sure you speak to the guides, don’t choose by email, don’t believe everything you read on websites,
and do some homework. I am always willing to help you pick a good guide even if it’s not me.
Lastly, DON’T BE THAT GUY!
- Don’t be that guy who wishes he was on the other Captain’s boat.
- Don’t be that guy who’s Capt is following another Captain to find fish.
- Don’t be that guy that has a Captain with crappy equipment.
- Don’t be that guy with a Captain who does not have a trolling motor.
- Don’t be that guy with a Captain who shows up with no CRABS .
- Don’t be that guy with a Captain who has a crappy boat or to small of a boat.
- Don’t be that guy who books a tarpon trip and the guide tells him there are no tarpon around to catch.
- Don’t be that guy who falls for the TARPON GUARANTEE SCAM. The reason they do it is because they suck at their jobs and its the only way they can get people to fish with them. They also always come up with a way for them to get paid.